Hey Mama Hey!!! It’s Friiiiiday! Two things are going down this weekend:
- There is a major snow storm heading our way
- It’s a 3 day weekend-Happy MLK Weekend!
Are you panicked? Have you stocked up on wine? I definitely think you need to stock up on wine but there is no need to be panicked. Mama Fresh has your back.
We are Chicagoans…a little snow doesn’t stop us! Trust me after a few hours of being in the house with your busy little ones you will need this list. You will be ready to get out the house and let them run off some of that energy.
Below are my Mama Freshly Picked Events. Starting with my:
Pick of the week: Mama Fresh Storytime- MLK Storytime
Saturday Jan 19th 10:30am- 57th St Books: If you are looking for a way to spark the conversation about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr…books are the way. Join us as we read books that help you share the message and dream of Dr. King. RSVP for this free event Here
Friday January 18th
- Remembering Dr. King- 8:30a-Chicago History Museum- Click here for more deets
Saturday January 19th
- Mama Fresh Storytime-10:30am-57th Street Books- Click here for deets
- South Side Storytime- 10am- Green Line Performing Arts Center- Click here for deets
- The Beach Chicago- 11a-Navy Pier Chicago: Click here for deets
- Popcorn Party- 12pm- Chicago’s Women and Park Gardens: Click here for deets
- Black Creativity Juried Art Exhibition-Museum of Science and Industry: Click here for deets
Sunday January 20th
- What Does it Mean, Dr. King?-11am-Chicago Children’s Museum: Click here for deets
- Critter Connection-12pm-Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum: Click here for deets
Monday January 21st
Check out these lists from Chicago Parent Magazine and Red Tricycle about events in the city for MLK day!!!!