Hey Mama Hey!
Happy Friday! Y’all loved the special MLK Freshly Picked Events so much I felt the need to bring back Freshly Picked Events. (Mamas around Chicago erupt in applause!). If you are new here….first of all WELCOME. Let me break down Mama Freshly Picked Events: I comb through all of the amazing programming going on in the city on any given weekend. I hand pick my favorites. Events that I would actually attend with ObieQ. I then gather them up for you so you have a handy guide on Friday to plan your weekend.
You don’t have to do the hard work. You have enough to do. Let me take this off your plate.
ObieQ and I are here to help you pack up your littles and explore the city!
My Pick of the Week:
Disney on Ice- Road Trip Adventure is here in Chicago until Feb 9th. I took ObieQ last year and we had a BLAST. I have never sang “How Far I’ll Go” so loudly in my life. This year there are appearances from favorites like Frozen, Moana, Lion King, Mickey, Minnie and more. This is the perfect outing for boys and girls alike, just in case you had any doubt. ObieQ had a blast at 2yo and this year I can only imagine how much he is going to enjoy. Here is the link for ticket deets.
Saturday Feb 1st:
- Family Saturday- Family Caribbean Carnival @ Logan Center 2p- Click here for deets
- Storytime w/ Cree & Amanda Jones @ 57th St Books 10:30a- Click here for deets
- Dragon Alive @ Nature Museum- All weekend- Click here for deets
- Family First Saturday @ Shedd Aquarium 10a- Click here for deets
Sunday Feb 2nd:
- Three Little Birds- A Kids Reggae Party @ The Promontory 12p- Click here for deets
- Fiddleheads @ Garfield Park Conservatory 12p- Click here for deets
- Chinese Lunar New Year Parade @ Chinatown Neighborhood 1p- Click here for deets